Be the new exceptional Principal Scientist with significant in vivo and ex vivo experience …..
in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design and development of innovative peptide-based medicines
The in vivo pharmacology department at ZP is seeking an exceptional Principal Scientist with significant in vivo and ex vivo experience within the field of Metabolic Diseases including experience within Obesity.
The department is responsible for the generation of preclinical efficacy data in connection with the discovery and development of our peptide-based drug candidates. We have an animal welfare body that ensures the consideration of the 3R and our own ethical standards, with membership from within and outside the department. As an employee, you will be part of a dedicated team consisting of 6 technologists, 2 academics and 1 HoD. We pride ourselves on working closely together both inter and intra departmentally – with individual goals converging towards shared common goals.
In this role, you will actively contribute to the discovery and development of our products and as an expert in Pharmacology manage a portfolio of 3-4 projects spanning Research, Phase I and II. For interested candidates, there is also the opportunity to have a role as Project Manager for projects in Research.
• Study Director for Pharmacology studies run in-house and also through CRO’s – entails planning, coordination, execution and reporting of studies in collaboration with internal/external stakeholders.
• Pharmacology representative in Research and Development Project Teams contributing to the project strategy, plans, risk assessment and communication package.
• Build and maintain active presence at key scientific meetings and symposia.
• Strategically expand external collaborator network as appropriate and in alignment with project strategy and budget.
• Contribute to development and mentorship of junior scientific staff within Pharmacology
The successful candidate will have most or all of the below qualifications:
• A PhD within biology, biochemistry, pharmacology, physiology or another relevant field.
• 7-10+ years of experience from the Pharmaceutical Industry – in vivo / translational research in the metabolic disease field or another relevant field.
• Excellent scientist with strong publication record and track record of accomplishment.
• Excellent people skills, strong communicator, proven ability to build and maintain productive relationships across functions and levels.
• Experience with participating in cross functional project teams and well-developed collaboration skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and motivation for taking on new challenges
• Experience working with ‘Big Data’, bioinformaticians or interpretation of bioinformatic data would be an asset.
• One (1) to three (3) years project management experience would be an asset
What we offer
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional teamwork, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus, and an attractive employee warrant program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit www.zealandpharma.com.
You are welcome to contact Beirholm Search tel. 29440080 for more information.
Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis, so please don’t hesitate to apply
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen and New York: ZEAL) (“Zealand”) is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals. Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company’s business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.